Tuesday 12 April 2016

Makeup Review: Benefit Dallas Lip Gloss

I got Benefit Dallas Lip Gloss from a friend for my birthday. It was a touching gesture from her because I did not know her very well, yet she got me something that she liked and wanted to  recommend it to me.


I highly recommend this lip gloss on a couple of pretexts:

1) I do not wear any lip products at all. I buy lipsticks, gloss and tinted balms because of their pretty colours and I always tell myself that I will wear some lipstick, but that never happens. I put on a new lipstick for a couple of days and it will be back in my makeup box, the deep end where I do not remember. 

2) I hate the sticky feeling lip gloss gives. Every time I put on a lipgloss, my hair blows and it gets stuck onto my lips, this irritates me a lot because I don't like my lip gloss to be messed up and I don't like my hair having the sticky feeling the lip gloss gives.

3) It always goes away. I get discourage when I wear lipstick because it always goes away after a while. It will disappear and then I have to reapply it again and I hate carrying my makeup around in my purse. However because lipstick is like this, I make an exception for it.

4) I get conscious when I eat it or drink it. I know other women might see their lipstick stain as a sort of claim and mark. When I see it, I think about the fact that I might be eating or drinking my lipstick and that makes me uncomfortable.


So with all my apprehensions about lipstick/gloss/stains, I gave this particular lip gloss a shot, simply because my friend recommended it saying that it is not sticky and is much more moisturising, like oil.
Well we eat fried stuff all the time and oil always gets on our lips, so really, I rather have oil on my lips than sticky gloss. Gave the lipgloss a shot and it works like a charm, it is really the first non sticky lipgloss, genuinely feels like a gloss with added colour on it.

I give this a 4.5/5. the missing 0.5 is due to durability, just like every other lip product, I have to reapply, but if the gloss is that comfortable, reapplying is that bad. Perhaps one day when the perfect lip products appear, this will be kicked out of my top favour, but until then, I am sticking with Benefit Dallas Lip Gloss... and maybe Mac Viva Glam V!

0 comments:

Post a Comment